Introducing the Sixaola.
At OSOP we tear down long-standing traditions to make way for a brighter future. For as long as seismologist’s can remember they have had to spend fortunes on ever broader broad-band seismometers. This drained budgets and kept coverage low. No more. With the newest version of the Sixaola seismometer, you can install 15 times more stations for the price of a single broad band. You will be in P heaven.
The Sixaola was designed with you in mind. Simplicity was THE driving force in her design. Having grown tired of installing seismometers that required a PhD in engineering to operate, we designed our own. it only takes a few minutes of practice to master the Sixaola.
World-wide Sixaola Sales (updated October, 2015)
Advantages over other popular short-period instruments like the Lennartz 3D include:
- An all-in-one solution. We have integrated the sensor, the digitizer, the computer and the GPS into a single box.
- At OSOP, user friendly design is King. The Sixaola comes with a web interface to allow a rapid configuration.
- Whereas, the Lennartz gives a single-ended (or “psuedo-differential”) output, the Sixaola converts the geophone’s single-ended output to differential, allowing the Sixaola to use the digitizer’s entire dynamic range.
- We have extended the flat portion of the geophone’s response curve even lower to 0.5 Hz and added an additional pole at 6 seconds to provide for a steeper noise reduction before the 5-7 second microseism noise peak.
- The signal is converted to velocity even earlier on in the circuit. This is unique to OSOP’s design (Thank’s Dave!). The advantage is that acceleration is not seen in any stage, thus reducing the possibility of clipping from high frequency noise.
- The Sixaola comes with her DATALESS, xml, SAC_PZ and RESP files already generated and ready for download from her on-board computer.
And yeah, the Sixaola speaks SeedLink.
Brochures and Manuals
- Sixaola Short Period Sensor
- Darien Short-Period Sensor
- Manual (V3/4, Web Based)
- Manual (v1.2, spanish, PDF)
Need a Quote?
Email us at [email protected]
See our Order Guide.
Need another solution? Let us design it for you. Send your requirements to our technical team at [email protected].
- Congreso LACSA, Bogotá, Colombia: Posters featuring the Sixaola
- Equipos período corto y banda ancha comparados
- Short Period Sensors Improve SeisComP Performance (LARGE N!!!!)
- Broadband seismometers & local monitoring
- GPS versus NTP timing- splitting hairs?
- How to buy a Seismometer, Part 2: When the best just won’t do!
- How to buy a Seismometer, Part 1
- Advertised and Effective Bits: Don’t Be Fooled
- What’s inside a Lennartz 3D-Lite?
- What’s inside a 1 HZ L4 geophone?