OSOP Volcán, Panama
Looking for a unique opportunity to escape into nature while working on exciting new IoT products? Located in the western highlands of Panama, OSOP is seeking a self-motivated individual with experience in programming low-level and embedded applications. We are a small company perpetually engaged in the design, implementation and bringing to market both hardware and software products focused on the many modern problems presented by earthquakes, tsunamis, volcano monitoring, and others.
For our next line of upcoming products, we require an on-site programmer who will be responsible for:
- Analyzing hardware choices
- Designing component to component data interfaces and API’s
- Designing end-to-end, uni- and bi-directional, data transmission protocols
- Client- and Server-side programs, including interactions between both
- Managing other programmers and projects
- Ultimately delivering the final implementation
New products are IoT related and will provide the candidate with a unique opportunity to engage with, and gain unparalleled experience in, this next wave of the technological (r)evolution currently underway.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate will be an expert in C and/or C++, will have experience programming at the lowest level, including, but not limited to, micro-controller chips. Excellent communication skills are a must and the candidate must also be able to take a general directive from a high-level stakeholder to produce a final specific solution.
Required skills include:
- C / C++
- Experience in low-level programming
- Experience in modern scripting languages
- Fluent English
Desirable skills include:
- Experience in, or willing to learn, Go, node.js
- Full Stack Development experience a big plus
- Socket programming
- Knowledge of hardware, firmware, etc.
- Functional Spanish
OSOP develops, supports, installs, maintains and configures instrumentation and software for early warning civil defense systems to mitigate the effects of natural disasters. We focus on solutions where hardware and software are completely integrated. OSOP promotes a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment.
OSOP is located on the Baru Volcano, providing nature lovers unrivaled access to the rain forest while also being one short hour from the Pacific ocean.
At OSOP, programmers enjoy the best paid positions, private quarters and the best tools money can buy.
If interested in this unique opportunity, please apply by sending your CV and relevant code samples to [email protected]. Or call our US-based phone number at +1-206-414-1288 for more information. Ask for Branden, the Director.