OSOP is pleased to announce the First SeisComP* Workshop for the Americas
Date: Sunday, June 3rd to Saturday, June 9th
Location: OSOP, Volcan Baru, Panamá
Registration Deadline: March 15th, 2012
Cost: 1,900 USD (includes ice breaker, coffee, snacks, lunch, a gala dinner and RUMBA. Transportation not included.) 2,500 after deadline.
What is OSOP?
OSOP develops, supports, installs, maintains and configures instrumentation and software for early warning civil defense systems to mitigate the effects of natural disasters. OSOP’s vertically integrated solutions and turn-key SeisComP*-Earthworm-Earlybird-Seisan systems are being installed world-wide.
This short-course is comprehensive and ambitious in its scope:
Day -1: Introduction to Linux for Seismologists
Day 1: Introduction to SeisComP* | Metadata Management (PDCC) | SeisComP* Installation Part 1
Day 2: SeisComP* Installation Part 2
Day 3: Integrating SeisComP*, Earthworm and Seisan
Day 4: SWOT analysis | The day-to-day use of SeisComP* in observatories | Data Quality Control (PQLX)
Day 5: Advanced Topics as decided by the participants | Q&A Session
Day 6: Instrument Calibration and Sensor Orientation
This course is targeted at people who need to install, integrate and maintain different seismological software, technicians who install field equipment and need to maintain response databases for seismic networks as well as those who are on the fence about installing integrated software packages which include SeisComP*.
– Lectures will be given in English and Spanish.
– Certificates will be given in conjunction with the University of Panama.
– Formal invitations from the University of Panama are available upon request.
– Instructors: Wilfried Strauss, PhD, Branden Christensen, MSc, Angel Rodriguez, MSc and others.
– Classroom: OSOP has moved to a new, larger facility with an educational wing.
– Presentations: Please note that you do not have to bring a presentation to the workshop. You may, however, -bring a poster of any nature so that you may hash out ideas with staff and participants during down-time.
– We can help with transportation arrangements.
How to apply
Send an email to Branden Christensen (branden . christensen @ osop . com . pa), Angel Rodriguez (angel @ volcanbaru . com) and Widalys Gutierrez (widalys @ osop . com . pa) expressing your interest. Please be sure to include your full name, phone number(s), title, organization and country of residence.
* Software developed by GFZ