Automated Tsunami Detection
Miramar is more than tsunami detection- It is EVERYTHING in one system.
- Buoys/ Boyas
- Tide gauges/ Mareografos
- SeisComP Earthquake Detection Software
- TOAST Tsunami Detection Software
- Servers, computers and monitors
- Fail safe monitoring centers (UPS, Generators)
- Fail safe communications (Satellite)
- A Dissemination server to issue warnings and alerts via Facebook, Twitter, Email, SMS, Whatsapp, Fax, …
By combining all of these elements, OSOP can help you establish a fail-safe observatory capable of operating when your country’s power and communications fail. We provide and integrate all of the necessary instrumentation and software to monitor for tsunami-generic events in real-time. And we handle the rapid dissemination of warnings to keep the public informed and prompt orderly evacuations.
How it Works
OSOP’s seismic sensors feed continuous waveform data from coastal tide gauges and regional seismometers into SeisComP’s automated earthquake detection software. When a seismic event strikes off the coastline, the TOAST tsunami modelling software package immediately receives the earthquake’s event paramaters from SeisComP and determines if the earthquake is tsunami-genic. A super computer is then thrown into action as TOAST runs on-the-fly modelling and simulations to determine wave heights and arrival times. If a tsunami is imminent, alerts are sent out to the community via Facebook, Twitter, Email, SMS and Fax. Coastal sirens are simultaneously triggered prompting coastal evacuations.
And it is ALL automated.
Brochures and Documents
- MIRAMAR Tsunami Detection System
- MIRAMAR Tsunami Detection Service
- Poster: Integrated Tsunami Warning System: English version; Versión en Español
- TOAST Tsunami Modelling
- SeisComP Seismic Monitoring
- SeisComP Dissemination Server
- SeisComP Moment Tensor Module
Video Demonstrations of TOAST Software
Need a Quote?
Email us at [email protected]
Need more specs? Email us at [email protected].