Leer esta página en español.
OSOP is pleased to announce the Third Annual SeisComP Workshop for the Americas
Date: Sunday, July 20 to Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Registration Deadline: March 31st, 2014. The course is limited to 8 participants, so Sign up NOW!.
Cost: $1,450 USD before registration deadline (includes course fee, coffee & snacks during course hours and one virtual machine per participant. Transportation, hotel, meals and per diem are not included), $1,650 after the deadline.
This course is affiliated with LACSC in sessions pre-event to congress.
This short-course is comprehensive and ambitious in its scope* and will focus on SeisComP version Seattle:
This course is targeted at people who need to install, integrate and maintain different seismological software, technicians who install field equipment and need to maintain response databases for seismic networks as well as those who are on the fence about installing integrated software packages which include SeisComP. Lectures will be given by Branden Christensen, MS.c and Ing. Leandro Pérez in English or Spanish depending on the primary language of the participants.
Day 1: SeisComP Installation Part 1
- An overview of the strengths and weaknesses of the automated and manual processing systems available on the market including Earlybird, Earthworm, Seisan and SeisComP
- An introduction to SeisComP
- Configuration of SeisComP for Regional and Teleseismic Monitoring: scamp, scmag, scautopick, scautoloc, scevent
Day 2: SeisComP Installation Part 2
- Configuration of SeisComP for Local Monitoring
- Adding new stations
- Graphical user interfaces: scmv, scrttv, scesv, scolv and manual picker
- The use of short-period instrumenation to improve automated detection and location
Day 3: Daily use of SeisComP in Observatories
*Upon receiving a list of participants, the course will be tailored to their needs. Additional topics are welcome.
Course participation is limited to 8 so Sign up NOW!
- Laptop: Ubuntu 10.04 or 12.04 with wifi/ethernet capabilities
Developed by GFZ
SeisComP3 was developed by Helmholtz-Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences. For more information see http://www.gfz-potsdam.de.