Good news. In addition to the ShakeMap update, new versions of SeisComP and Seisan are now available for download.
SeisComP Version Seattle 2013.200 can be downloaded here.
- As if SeisComP was not fast enough already, it just got turbo-charged with the new Virtual Seismologist package as developed by SED and gempa GmbH. Coming Soon: scforecast for earthquake forecasting 😉
- processing.whitelist.agencies and processing.blacklist.agencies were added to scconfig- these are especially useful for controlling how your system reacts to scimex imports.
- SeisComP has long been the easiest system on the market to add new stations to. With improvements to dlsv2inv, importing dataless seed volume (dlsv) just got easier and more secure.
- It addition to SeisComP’s new superior documentation, see the automatically generated release-specific wiki pages here, gempa added man page support for common commands like scautopick
Words of caution:
- The database schema has changed from 0.6 to 0.7! When updating your SeisComP you will need to execute a small script available at change log
- XXL pick has changed. Joachim says, “Actually besides using the absolute amplitude to determine if a pick should be considered an “XXL pick”, there used to be an additional check of the SNR hardcoded into autoloc. The SNR had to be 8 at least, which makes perfectly sense for an unusually large earthquake, for which the XXL feature is intended to be used exclusively. But it made it harder to “abuse” this feature as sometimes recommended e.g. by Bernd to get locations with fewer than 6 picks.”
For a complete list of changes, see the change log.
Seisan Version 10 can be downloaded here.
According to Peter Voss’ email to the Seisan mailing list, improvements include:
- New program to make automatic spectra and amplitudes, AUTOMAG, also used in EEV, based on AUTOSIG.
- New program: RDSEED2SEISAN – use it to get SEED metadata into SEISAN
- Program DELS to delete part of S-file, like all S-readings. Also option form EEV
- MULPLT can use arrows to scroll (in multi trace mode) and scale amplitudes
- Options in EEV to plot Ml as a functions of distance and seismic moment as a function of arrival time
- New and improved CLUSTER program
- New program ASSO for events association, also use magnitude as a criteria, mainly for seismic hazard
- R command in EEV can now be used to rename event type (L, R or D) and to change event ID e.g. LE or LP (use LB for blank)
- All programs using the REA data base can now work back to year 0000
- MULPLT changes: new parameter in MULPLT.DEF to fix the filter, set a center station for muplt_area option, set output format for Out option
- New options in EEV-MULPLT to deal with archives, particularly the use of wild cards. In S-file there is no longer a differenciation between, SCP and BUD, both are now called ARC and the archive type is given in SEISAN.DEF
- filenr.lis file now up to 99999 files
- New sample program sample_resp_correction
- There is also a lot of new options in the GUI Seisan Explorer
Many thanks to Peter Voss, Lars Ottemoller and Jans Havskov of Seisan and to Jan Becker, Bernd Weber, the entire Gempa staff, the team at SED, Joachim Saul and many others at GFZ for continued improvements.
Stay tuned for news of a fresh Earthworm release later this year.